Disaster News Network Print This
 

Two Chinese fireworks factories explode

14 dead and 13 injured in explosions at 2 factories

BEIJING | June 19, 2012

Explosions at two fireworks factories in China left 14 people dead and 13 injured, authorities said.

Seven people died and a dozen were hurt in a 10:30 a.m. blast at the Dongtun fireworks factory in Huaivang County in central China's Henan province, China's official Xinhua News Agency reported.

An explosion at the Longfa fireworks factory in Yichun, Jiangxi province, in eastern China about 4 p.m. Sunday killed seven workers and injured one, Xinhua said.

Investigations were under way into the causes of the explosions.

Local authorities issued a statement saying the workers in the Dongtun plant had been producing fireworks illegally because its production license had expired. The factory owner was away on a business trip and police were holding the owner's family, Xinhua said.

The privately owned Longfa plant is licensed, Xinhua said.

2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.


Related Topics:

Air quality monitored after warehouse fire

3 missing after jail explosion

Two buildings collapse in Harlem


More links on Explosion

Find this article at:

http://www.disasternews.net/news/article.php?articleid=4770

Advertisers:

DNN Sponsors include:

Advertisements: